Thursday, November 11, 2010

God Bless America and the men and women who have served her!

Happy Veterans day! As a veteran of the US Army, I can honestly say that the Army has helped shape me into who I am today! As a military wife, I can also attest to how much our men and women sacrifice daily for the luxuries we sometimes take for granted!
I wish military members were honored nationally more than just once or twice a year! They don't quit when the going gets tough. There are numerous members of the military that miss huge occasions in life (birth of a baby, wedding, etc.) because they chose to serve our wonderful country and are stationed overseas!
Do me a favor, thank a veteran! Not only today, but every time you see one!
You know, who they are. They are usually the elderly men sitting down outside just people watching. They wear their WWII and Vietnam Vet hats proudly, but don't boast about their service. Get them into a conversation with you, and that's another story! They are wise beyond their years and full of wisdom and stories!
I love our country and I love the men and women who sacrifice daily so that we can remain free!

God Bless America!!!
~Mama of the Littles~

0 comments:

Post a Comment