Monday, September 20, 2010

Much Ado about Monday

It's Monday.. the start of another week.


I thought I would talk a bit about a few of my favorite websites today. Along my journey to becoming green and frugal I have stumbled upon many useful, and educational websites.


When my first son Aaron was born I was really concerned about what I was putting on his skin. I mean with all the safety issues surrounding such products as Johnson's baby wash, I was determined to find something that was suitable and safe for him. This is where safemama.com comes in!


I absolutely love this site! It provides 'cheat sheets' for specific products and lists the chemical ratings according to the Environmental Working Groups skin deep cosmetic safety database found here! This site gives ratings on which chemicals (and levels of those chemicals) are found in everyday products we use. I highly recommend you look at their site and find out what exactly is in your everyday products... you might be surprised!


I currently use California Baby wash on both my boys. I also use many Earth's Best products by Jason. They make a lot of great organic baby food too!!


I still have a long way to go on this journey of becoming green and frugal, but by protecting my family from harsh chemicals, and ensuring they are getting the purest nutritional food is a great way to meet my goals!


Thanks for reading!!


~Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment