I think the number one thing on every mother (parent's) mind is safety of their child(ren)! From the moment I found out I was expecting (all 3 times) I made changes to eat healthier, exercise and so on. All in hopes to keep the baby growing inside me safe and healthy! When my babies were born safety still remained my top priority! In fact this was one my husband's only aversion to my giving birth to my two boys at the birthing center. His concern.... "what if something went wrong?"
After talking several times to the midwives at the birthing center in MD and having all his concerns addressed did he finally realize that a woman's body was created by God to birth babies. Our bodies are equipped to do what they need to do during child birth! If a problem arises during childbirth, a midwife can tell right away usually far before it becomes 'serious.'
I remember the birth of my first son very well. I remember arriving at the birthing center with my neighbor (because my husband was out of state at Las Vegas' "Shot Show" as the midwife said he was clear to go even though I was dilated to 2 cm and was 37 weeks pregnant)! That is another blog post on it's own!
Anyhow, I remember very clearly the car ride home. My boy was just 5 hours old and I had showered, eaten, nursed him and we were headed home! I sat in the back seat with him the whole way (about 30 minutes)! I wanted to make sure his head didn't tip forward and that he was breathing ok.... you know, normal mommy concerns.
This time around (as you all know) my baby girl was born at home! There was no car ride home from the hospital/birthing center. Only me getting out of the birthing pool and walking to my bedroom! It was AWESOME!!!
The safetly of my children remain my top priority! So when it came to purchasing an infant car seat, I looked into Britax! Britax products are known for their exceptional safety ratings!
When I contacted Britax and told them about this event, they were very kind and sent me their B-Safe infant car seat to review.
This is what I received:
Isn't it stylish?
The Britax B-Safe infant car seat is made for rear-facing babies weighing 4-30 lbs, and measure 32" or less, and have a seated shoulder height 6.5-11"
This is the chest strap on the smallest setting (which is what I have it on still to this day and my baby girl is 10 lbs)!
Here you can see the 4 harness heights that are easily adjusted to give you the proper fit for your baby!
The two buckle positions:
Notice the large canopy that protects your little one from the elements!
The car seat attached to the base:
Side view of this very stylish car seat:
So how do you know if your car seat is installed correctly and the level is right?
Britax has an installation video that you can watch online to unsure you follow the correct installation procedures! This is the installation video for the 2012 model B-Safe!
There is a little gauge on the base of the seat that lets you know when your seat (after installation) is properly level!
The goal is for the green part of the gauge to be between the two lines.
There are three ways to install the base of the B-Safe to your car. Using the LATCH system, lap-shoulder belt and Lap belt only.
We chose option #2 the lap shoulder belt.
Britax also has a 'user guide' online that you can access in case the instructional booklet that comes with the car seat is lost or damaged.
Here is some more information on the B-Safe infant car seat (taken from Britax's website):
Side Impact Protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head and body
Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Four Harness Heights and Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Removable Comfort Pillow, shoulder pads, and belly pad provide extra comfort
- Stroller Compatible Design Integrated CLICK & GO adapter system works with BRITAX B-Series strollers.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly for vehicle and stroller compatibility
- Adjustable Base has five positions for proper seat angle and positioning
- 30-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort through the first years
- Large Multiple Position Canopy blocks wind, rain, and harmful UV rays from baby's sensitive skin
- Ergonomic Carry-Handle designed to contour to forearm to allow for more comfortable carrying of child in car seat
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- Easy-to-Read Level Indicators provide quick reference for proper angle of recline
- Easy-to-Install Seat-to-Base Design self-guides car seat into proper locked position
- Easy-to-Install Base with LATCH Connector Storage (Included)
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- MSRP (USD) $179.99
The B-Safe comes in 5 different color schemes. Black (what I received) and also these:
Look how tiny she looks in the seat in this picture <3
As you can see, she has a lot of room to grow! Remember, this seat is made to fit babies up until they hit 30 lbs (which my 3 year old boy *just* weighed in at!
I LOVE this car seat. It is compatible with any of the B-series strollers!! Now, I didn't have a Britax stroller, but I did find one on sale for about $100.00 shortly after receiving this car seat. It was the B-Agile and I must say that it is a VERY good stroller and it looks amazing!!
You can purchase a Britax B-Safe car seat from any one of Britax's authorized retailers. Babies R Us has them on sale for $159.99 and Amazon (one of my favorite places to shop) has them even cheaper at only $134.99 (with free US shipping)!!
I'm so excited!! Because on of you are going to win a Britax B-Safe infant car seat (jumps up and down clapping)!
This giveaway is open to US residents only!!!
To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below! You may have to click "read more" in order for the whole Rafflecopter form to load!
Good luck and Have fun!
~Mama of the Littles~
Disclosure: I received the product(s) mentioned above in exchange for my review. This review is my honest opinion based on my own personal experience, and may differ from yours. I did not receive any monetary compensation in exchange for this review!