Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sloomb/ Sustainablebabyish Knit cover review!!


Since I discovered the wonerful world of wool, I have been using fitted diapers and wool covers exclusively at night time! My 3 yo son has been doing awesome learning to use the potty and now wears underwear at night ALL THE TIME!! Sometimes he has accidents, but very rare!
Awhile back, Thanks Mama sent me a beautiful knit wool cover from Sloomb aka Sustainablebabyish in "mineral" at a discount for review.
This is what I received:
I love this cover. It is so soft and very bulletproof once it's been lanolized. Most wool items need to be lanolized twice before they are fully 'bullet proof.'
Here are some pics of the lanolizing process:
First I put some warm water in a bowl with a few drops of Eucalan wool wash, gently sqeezed the wool and then let it sit for 15 minutes.
Then, I took the cover out, gently wring out the excess water.
Next, I fill the empty bowl again with warm water and a drop or two of baby soap. Set some water to boil, add a pea-sized amount of Lansinoh (100% lanolin) to the cup of boiling water. Then I mix the melted lanolin water into the bowl of warm water, swish it around and add the cover. I squeeze the cover to insure the lanolin sticks to the fibers.

Here is the cover on my 19 month old son (with a Kissaluvs fitted hemp diaper underneath):
I love this cover. It is so super soft and keeps my baby boy dry all night long! I would have to say that Sloomb so far is my favorite wool cover of all!
I do have a pair of alpaca longies sitting here for me to review.... I'll have to see how they measure up to wool. I guess with Alpaca, there is no need to lanolize... so that is nice!
You can purchase Sloomb knit covers from Thanks Mama for $42.00
A huge thank you to Thanks Mama for providing this wool cover at a discount for my review!

~Mama of the Littles~

2 comments: