Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All About Baby *and Mama too* Blog Bash Sponsor Spotlight: Glad Rags** plus 3 more...

The folks at Glad Rags sent me some reusable feminine pads for review.
This is what I received:
I received 1 pantyliner:
1 day pad (with 2 inserts):
1 Night pad (with 2 inserts):
These pads are made of flannel cotton and have no water proof layer such as the Charlie Banana and Fuzzi Bunz pads I am familiar with. They come with extra inserts for better protection.
The pantyliner is one piece and was very easy to use. The pantyliner measures 6 3/4" long by 2 3/4" wide when snapped around your underwear.
The day pad measures 9" long and 2 1/2" wide. The day pad is different from the pantyliner, which is only one piece. The day pad however, is an envelope that you put the inserts into.
Here is a picture to demonstrate (this is a pic of the opening in the backside, where you put the inserts):
This is a picture of the inserts inside the envelope:
The day pad worked well, but I am not really a fan of having to 'unstuff' a dirty pad in order to wash it!!
The night pad is great! I love that it is so large (it measures approximately 14" long and 3" wide at the middle). It is a contoured shape so it gives great coverage. This is my go-to pad at bed time.
I have used this pad quite often during my cycle at night and even on the nights of heaviest flow, I have never experienced a leak with this pad.
Here are some pictures:
It comes with two inserts as seen above, and the inserts are slid under a loop stitched on the pad itself as seen here:
The night pads contain a layer of ultra-absorbent terry cloth to give you maximum protection. These pads are advertised on the Glad Rags website as night pads/postpartum pads! I love that! After I had both my boys I remember using these plastic type pads the midwife gave me, and man were they big, and uncomfortable. Who likes wearing plastic anyhow??
I really like these pads, however I am not too fond of the prints I was sent. They have some other really cute prints on their website...
You can purchase these pads directly from the Glad Rags website.
The pantyliner retails for $11.99, the day pad retails for $13.99, and the night pad/postpartum pad retails for $17.99.


All About Baby Blog Bash
As a sponsor for All About Baby Blog Bash, Glad Rags is giving away a set of 3 reusable feminine pads. 1 pantyliner, 1 day pad and 1 night/postpartum pad.

Look for this month! Blog Bash 2011 runs from June 22-26th
~Mama of the Littles~

0 comments:

Post a Comment